OPA! Scratch & Win Contest - Rules & Regulations
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The OPA! Scratch & Win Contest (the "Promotion") starts at 12:00: 01 a.m. Eastern Time on August 30th, 2018 and is scheduled to end at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time on November 15th, 2018 or whenever official game cards are exhausted, whichever occurs first (the "Promotion Period").
2. ENTRIES PER PARTICIPANT: There is a limit of one entry per person unless you have a unique pin code found on our OPA! scratch and win cards. The pin code scratch cards can be collected at any OPA! by purchasing one of 7 participating meal options (one card per meal purchased - see in store for eligible meal options). There’s no limit to the number of times you can enter: each time you purchase one of the Opa! Contest meals, you’ll receive a new scratch card – and a new chance to win!. If you enter more than once without a pin code, duplicate entries will be eliminated and not valid in final contest administration.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Promotion is open to legal residents of British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, except employees (including employees of franchisees of OPA! Restaurants), representatives and agents (and those with whom such persons are domiciled, whether related or not) of OPA! (the "Sponsor"), its subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees and related companies, as well as Home Office Associates of Sponsor's restaurant brands, their respective advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers and any other entity involved in the development, production, implementation, administration or fulfillment of the Promotion (collectively, the "Promotion Parties").
4. METHOD OF ENTRY: No purchase necessary. During the Promotion Period, eligible consumers will automatically receive one (1) scratch & win game card (the "Game Card(s)"), while supplies last,with each purchase (either in-store, drive thru, via delivery or take-out) at a participating OPA! Restaurants. Specifically, eligible consumers will receive one (1) Game Card with each purchase of a Any of the 4 OPA! Meals_ (the "Eligible Purchase(s)").
Each Game Card contains 2 "scratch & win" areas that the eligible consumer must completely scratch off to reveal whether he/she is eligible to win the corresponding prize indicated. A winning scratch & win area on the Game Card will reveal the following message "WINNER! Prize description". A winning scratch & win area message will describe the prize available to be won, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Promotion Rules (the "Rules"). The other scratch area will reveal a unique pin number that you can enter on the dedicated contest home page - Enter
5. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY ENTRY: To obtain one (1) Game Card without making a purchase, while supplies last, handwrite a 50 word or more unique and original essay about why you love OPA! Mail the original copy of the essay to:"OPA!'s Scratch & Win Contest",OPA! of Greece Home Office, 7235 Flint Road SE Calgary, Alberta T2H 1G2. Attention: OPA! Marketing Department. All mail-in no purchase necessary requests must be post-marked during the Promotion Period and received no later than November 15, 2018. Sponsor will send you one (I) randomly selected Game Card, while supplies last per unique and original handwritten essay per envelope with sufficient postage. All requests must be received separately in an envelope bearing sufficient postage (i.e. multiple mail-in no purchase necessary requests in the same envelope will be void) and must include a self. addressed pre-paid envelope with sufficient return postage. The Releasees (defined below) take no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed mail-in no purchase necessary requests (all of which are void).
6. GAME CARDS: At the start of the Promotion, there will be 1,050,800 Game Cards available. These Game Cards will be available for distribution through November 15, 2018 or while supplies last (whichever occurs first). Game Cards obtained through unauthorized sources or which are incomplete, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, counterfeited or irregular in any way are automatically void. Submission of the Game Card is the sole responsibility of the individual seeking verification. No Game Card copies, duplicates or reproductions of any type will be eligible for the Promotion. The Releasees (defined below) are not responsible for any lost or stolen Game Cards (all of which are void). OPA! store owners, operators or employees are not allowed to submit a Game Card for the Grand Prize on behalf of a potential winner.7. PRIZES AVAILABLE TO BE WON:
The Grand Prize is one (1) cash prize of 10 Day All Expenses Paid Trip for 2 to Greece provided by the Sponsor to a declared winner (or, his/her parent or legal guardian in the instance where the eligible winner is under the legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence).
The following food prizes cannot be combined with any other offer. Customer will have a 1 in 10 chances of winning a menu item and there will be over 93,000 winning tickets.
Food Prizes to be won:
- 1 – All Expenses Paid Trip for 2 to Greece
- 50,000 - Free 21 oz Fountain Drinks
- 15,000 – Free Order of OPA Fries
- 9,000 – Free Olympus Bowls
- 9,000 – Free Pita Wraps
- 5999 – Free OPA! Platters
- 5000 – Free Baklava
8. FOR ALL PRIZES: Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Sponsor's option. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or a component thereof with one of equal or greater value, including, without limitation, but at Sponsor's sole discretion, a cash award. There is no limit to the number of prizes eligible to be won per household/person.
NOTE: The odds of obtaining an eligible 'Winner' Game Card will vary by location based on Game Card distribution by Sponsor and will change throughout the Promotion Period as Game Cards are distributed across Canada at participating OPA! locations. The total number of prizes available to be won will decrease as Game Cards are distributed and prizes are claimed.
9. PRIZE DISTRIBUTION: There will be no regional distribution of prizes in this Promotion. Actual allocation of Game Cards may vary depending on Game Card consumption and replenishment by Sponsor.
10. HOW TO CLAIM A FOOD PRIZE: A winning food prize Game Card may be redeemed on any subsequent visit to Any OPA location. No cash alternative will be made available. A food prize claim may not be used in conjunction with any other deal, combo or offer. All prize claims must be received by the end of the business day on or before JANUARY 1, 2019.Claims received after that date are null and void and ineligible for prizes. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Limit one prize claim per person per visit.
11. HOW TO CLAIM GRAND PRIZE: In order to claim the Grand Prize you will be contacted by a representative from the OPA of Greece Corporate Office and must: (i) correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise; and (ii) sign a Declaration and Release Form, which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with these Rules and acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded; and (b) releases the Promotion Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, owners, partners, employees, agents, representatives , successors and assigns (collectively, the Releasees) from any liability in connection with this Promotion, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Grand Prize or any portion thereof. Mail your completed Declaration and Release Form along with your original winning Game Card to: "OPA!'s Scratch & Win Contest", OPA! of Greece Home Office, 7235 Flint Road SE Calgary, Alberta T2H 1G2. Attention: OPA! Marketing Department by REGISTERED MAIL, return receipt requested, and keep a copy of the Game Card and Declaration and Release Form for your records. THE GRAND PRIZE CLAIM MUST BE RECEIVED BY NO LATER THAN _ J A N U A R Y 1, 2 0 1 9 _ TO BE ELIGIBLE. Once your completed Declaration and Release Form and original winning Game Card have been received in accordance with these Rules, the Sponsor or its designated representative will contact you to confirm details for booking the trip to Greece. If the eligible winning entrant: (i) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (ii) fails to return the properly executed promotion documents within the specified time; and/or (iii) cannot accept the Grand Prize for any reason; then he/she will forfeit the Grand Prize and the Game Card will be deemed null and void and the Grand Prize will not be awarded.
The Grand Prize claim is subject to verification by the Sponsor and will be declared invalid if it is illegible, forged, falsified, damaged, incomplete, altered or tampered with in any way or does not otherwise conform to or satisfy any condition of these Rules.
12. RELEASES, ETC.: By entering this Promotion, each entrant (and his/her parent/legal guardian if he/ she is under the legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence) agrees to release and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from or connection with, either directly or indirectly, 1) the awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession , use and/or misuse of any prize (or a portion thereof) awarded herein; or 2) participation in this Promotion.
By accepting a prize, each winner (and his/ her parent/legal guardian if he/she is a under the legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/ her name, address, voice, statements about the Promotion and/or photograph or other likeness in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print , broadcast or the Internet, without further notice, permission or compensation.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Releasees will not be liable for: a) any incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate capture of information whether caused by website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of prize claims; b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, prize claims; c) any problems with, or technical malfunctions or, telephone networks or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment , software, viruses or bugs; d) any failure of any email or other information to be received, captured or recorded by or from the independent promotion judging organization or any other person or entity for any reason including, but not limited to, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof , interrupted or unavailable networks; e) damage to a participant's or other person's system or device occasioned by participation or downloading of materials in this Promotion; or f) late, delayed, damaged, misdirected , destroyed, lost , illegible, incomplete, incorrect, fraudulent, stolen, postage-due or wrongly addressed prize claims, all of which will be deemed void .
Sponsor is collecting personal data about eligible winners only for the purposes of administering this Promotion. No further informational or marketing communications will be received by entrants, unless the entrant provides Sponsor with explicit permission to do so.
15. RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND: The Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, suspend or amend this Promotion (or, amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Promotion as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, problem, computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or failure. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made; the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify from this Promotion and any future contest, sweepstakes or other promotion conducted by Sponsor, any individual that it finds or believes to be tampering with the prize claim process or the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of these Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend or amend this Promotion, or to amend these Rules, without prior notice or obligation in the event of any accident, printing administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.
16. MISCELLANEOUS: All decisions of the Sponsor, or any contest judging organization as designated by it, are final and binding without right of appeal in all matters relating to this Promotion. All winning Game Cards submitted for prize claim become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipals laws.
All approximate prize value amounts are shown in Canadian dollars.
If due to printing, on-line, internet, computer or other error of any kind, more prizes are claimed than intended to be awarded according to these Rules , or in the event that due to such error, a valid prize claim is revealed , making the number of valid prize claims greater than the number of prizes available under these Rules, then, in addition to having the right to terminate the Promotion immediately , the Sponsor reserves the right , in its sole and absolute discretion , to rescind invalid prize claims and/or conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible prize claimants to award the correct number of prizes. In no event will the Sponsor or Releasees be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in these Rules.
The Sponsor reserves the right ,in its sole and absolute discretion , and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary , for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant with these Rules, or as a result of problems, or in light of any other circumstances which , in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason .
ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor - including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual's eligibility to participate in this Promotion; and/or (ii) for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Promotion in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Promotion will be the Sponsor's Official Clock(s).
17. MINORS: If any individual under the legal age of majority in his or her province or territory of residence is eligible to win, then the prize will be awarded to that individual's parent, legal guardian or other legal authorized representative of such person (subject to compliance with these Rules). Further, the eligible minor's parent, legal guardian or other legal authorized representative must sign any and all required documents on behalf of the minor.
18. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: All intellectual property, including, without limitation, all trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
19. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion- related materials, including, but not limited to, the Game Cards, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Rules shall prevail, govern and control . IMPORTANT NOTE: Sponsor will not involve itself in, and the Releasees accept no obligation or liability in respect of, any dispute regarding the identity of the rightful holder of a Game Card. In any such case, the Sponsor reserves the right to take whatever action it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law.